Thursday, May 28, 2009

Spinach smoothies

I was surfing the net the other night and came across a raw food site. They showed a green drink smoothie. We tried it and it was very good, I changed it a bit, here is the recipe. 2 ripe bananas, 1 bag of spinach, a touch of agave nectar, ice and some udo's oil. It is very energizing and took away my coffee desire. A couple of years ago... I don't think I could have downed a green drink, but since we have been drinking our wheat grass 2x's a day.. it is growing on me. Oh I didn't tell you about the wheat grass. Well one of the tapes I was listening to said we really need to get more alkaline in our bodies and one of the best ways is green drinks. Wheat grass is pretty strong.. and usually done best when fresh. A little shot.. however the guy at whole foods told if you can't get it fresh then frozen is 2nd best, and freeze dried from wheat grass juice is 3rd best..
On the beading front.. today I mixed 12 hanks of 6/0 and 7/0 into a tub and then packed them in tubes.. only to later realize that I mixed the two sizes.. Urghh......Well the good news is I remembered that I had a pearl sorting cup that I bought in the beginning of my jewelry making career... And I found it right in the drawer in my bench where I had put it.. and it is working perfectly to help me sort the 2 sizes..!!! I love it when I can use something I have been saving for all these years.. The beads are fantastic... we got in 5/0, 6/0, 7/0, 2/0, fire polished picasso 3 cut seed beads.. Jaani will get them up on the web site soon.. they really are fun! Have a great weekend

No comments: