Thursday, January 28, 2010

Getting Better all the time!

Well a little better anyways.. writing blogs I mean. So I have a really great tip for people who, like me, wash a dish at a time rather than putting them in the dishwasher. Not that I was "one" dish at a time.. but I use a dish, leave it out.. then when I need to use it again I have to wash it.. I used to squirt a bit of dish soap out and clean it, but it was bother me because all the soaps are "ultra" concentrated now and I am sure I am using too much. I got a sprayer bottle and made a dish soap mixture. Now when I use the dish... I spray the dish soap mixture on it and easy as pie... it is ready to brush a bit and rinse.. I love my little idea.
I feel like I have finally recovered from the Holiday rush, the big sale, and inventory etc... Now to get ready for Tucson. During January we were fortunate enough to have a couple of great bead teachers. Huib Petersen and Met Immon. I learned from met how to properly stretch your beading thread, and that fireline can be colored by using your inkjet color cartridge. We made some great little shoes, and a beautiful right angle we necklace. Met had us working on the Egyptian wave bracelet, and crystal triad. Very interesting. Not constructed at all the way I thought. We learned how many times each thread size passes thru different beads.
Cynthia Rutledge, Melanie Potter are coming up.. a couple of the classes are sold out already so if you are interested don't delay. Happy beading everyone.

No comments: